Faculty Council met November 10, 2017.
We continued our discussion of health care costs and take home pay. Faculty Benefits reported that they are working on a plan for bench marking salaries and benefits. A and P reported that they are working on a template for e-dossiers for promotion and tenure and on a survey related to the potential restructuring of divisions and reseating of standing committees.
Minutes of our October 27th meeting may be found online.
The first All-Faculty Meeting of the Year will be held at 2:10 pm on 11/17/17 in the Snyder Room of the Campus Center. Refreshments will be served. All faculty are welcome.
The agenda is as follows.
Invocation: Father Brent Kruger, C.S.C.
Discussion of IITS changes and eventual move toward Bring Your Own Device campus: Paul Moran and Bill Keating.
Faculty Council Update: Jennifer McClinton-Temple
Discussion will include: potential award for junior faculty, ongoing discussions with Administration on collaboration and transparency regarding budget issues.
Core Review Update: Dave Reynolds
Dave will discuss the process that has taken place so far on C and T; others will outline the process that will take place once the proposal moves to Faculty Council and the implementation process as outlined by the Provost.
A and P Update: Valerie Kepner
Topics will include E-dossiers for promotion and tenure, research on faculty representation on college governing boards, restructuring of divisions, and a discussion of seating on standing committees.
Faculty Benefits Update: Isaac VonRue
Isaac will focus on Faculty Benefits project to determine the best benchmarks for faculty salaries and benefits.
C&T will be holding an additional meeting on Friday at 3:10PM in Molewski 109. As always, all are welcome to attend.
November 10, 2017
SFCC Molewski 109 3:10 PM
- Call to Order
- Approval of 11/3/17 Minutes
- Chair’s Report
- Old Busines
- Discussion of Core Review Report Structure
- New Business
- C&T’s role at All Faculty Meeting
- Executive Session
December 1, 2017
2:10 PM . SFCC Lipo
Dave Reynolds – Chair
Faculty Council meeting agenda
November 10, 2017: 2:10 pm in the Lipo Room. All are welcome.
- Call to order
- Approval of minutes from October 27 meeting
- Chair’s report
- Report from Academic Affairs
- Reports from standing committees and subcommittees
- Old Business
- Continued discussion of faculty response to salary and benefits information
- New Business
- Agenda for All-Faculty Meeting
The minutes from the October 20th FB meeting were approved and are now posted on the Faculty Governance Webpage.
The committee was updated that two additional years of historical data for Fr. Ryan’s proposed comparison group had been provided, giving four years of data in total. At the previous Faculty Council meeting Jennifer McClinton-Temple and Trent Snider reported on a meeting they had with John Loyack and Kristin Fino to discuss health care benefits. Their main takeaway from this meeting is that everything is based on benchmarks. Council discussed the meeting and had some questions for FB to ask Kristin Fino. These questions were sent to Kristin and she e-mailed the following responses prior to the meeting. Continue reading
The Curriculum and Teaching Committee met on Friday, 11/3 in the Lipo Room. Our major agenda item is reviewing the report from the CORE Review committee. We had an extensive discussion that was structured around our charge from Faculty Council. As a reminder, our charge is as follows:
- Ensure that the process of the review has been fair, just, transparent and collaborative.
- Consider the curriculum as a whole with particular attention to the high-impact practices that are incorporated and the general education best practices.
- Identify any areas of concern that were not identified by the Ad Hoc Committee.
C&T will have one month to consider the proposal and forward its review and recommendation to Faculty Council.
C&T will be holding an additional meeting to continue this discussion this Friday, 11/10, Location TBD. As always, all are welcome.
My thanks to the committee.
Dave Reynolds ~ Chair
A&P met on November 3. Topics covered included the following:
- E-dossiers: An example tenure portfolio has now been created using both the Moodle and Sharepoint platforms. Bill Keating and Pete Phillips will be in attendance at the December 1 meeting to answer and address questions and concerns as well as to make recommendations.
- Division Restructuring Sub-Committee: A majority of the meeting was spent reviewing the sub-committee’s rough draft of a survey to be distributed to faculty asking for feedback regarding the perceived importance of serving on standing committees among other questions.
- Updating of Faculty Handbook Language: Committee members agreed to read the first 25 pages of the Faculty Handbook before the next A&P meeting at which time we will discuss how to proceed with the updating of outdated language.
The next meeting of the A&P Committee will take place on Friday, December 1, starting at 2:10 p.m. in SF 115.
Here is the agenda for this Friday’s C&T Meeting. As always, all are welcome.
November 3, 2017
SFCC Lipo Room 2:10 PM
Call to Order
Approval of 10/20/17 Minutes
- Arts CART Report Memo
New Business (CORE Discussion)
- General Discussion of Core Review Committee Report
- Discussion of Point 1 of the Charge
- Discussion of Point 2 of the Charge
Nov. 10, 2017
2:10 PM – Location To Be Determined
Dave Reynolds, Chair
Faculty Council met on October 27, 2017.
The bulk of the meeting concerned documents sent to the Chair and Chair-elect by Human Resources to explain and contextualize faculty salary benchmarks and health insurance benchmarks for all employees.
Our next meeting will be November 10, 2017. The minutes of our October 6 meeting may be found on the Sharepoint site.